Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14,2010


Today I give myself a birthday gift of another blog site.  This a blog to vent my feelings..and I will vent..feel free to agree or disagree..let me know when I am being a strident shrew..but be kind as I am just blowing off steam and after a few coffee nips, a nap in the sun, I will be ok. Besides I deserve a little kindness and kahlua as I just turned 57!  And I have no feelings about that..just that my immediate family thinks it is ok to say "I couldn't think of what to get you.", or " I never know what you want".  This is the excuse I get when they either have forgotten my BDay or simply didn't want to put themselves out and spend a bit on a card..come on .. a card!

Now I know I raised them right. My sons are grown men, not in trouble, educated, smart, hard working..yet stupid if they think it is ok to not buy me gifts!  Why have birthdays if you can't get gifts?  And I have learned to let them know when the day is coming.  I don't hint..they are men and do well with explicit instruction.  The husband is awful at it too...he claims his family didn't make birthdays special but that is no excuse..after 31 years  he knows what I want..and I want the BDay to be special..and I want gifts..come on ..give them to me...it really is the thought that counts because I don;t really care what you give me..just give me something!

Sigh..oh well..my elderly Mom remembered and sent me great gifts..and she told me she loved me and I loved that.  

Now I will post a pic or two..maybe of some of my art but to see more you can go to m other blog..Kay Hale Artist.  Or become a fan on my Facebook ..The Art of Kay

The pic of Godzilla...he is saying  "give me presents, and bananas, and wine and people to eat...Now"

1 comment:

  1. Kay, you are too funny. What you need to do is go out and buy whatever you want ( better than getting something goofy that men pick out) and bake yourself a cake. Gather the men folk, let them sing Happy Birthday to you, give them cake...and then open the gifts you bought yourself and present them with the bills.

    As to the post on your art blog, send me your e-mail and I will tell you how I solved the pricing problem.

    ReplyDelete