Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day, 2011..1/1/11!


I was reading through my few postings on this little blog..and other than some spelling errors and a change of name for my other blog...I feel like I can get my points across ok.My other blog is Kay Hale is an Artist.
Today the sun is out and it is cold!!!! I really don't mind since the wind is not blowing. I went out last night to star gaze and to bang a pan at midnight.
I have made some vague resolutions to do more art, to do some cohesive art, to to get the mortgage caught up..well that one is not vague but necessary!!!So other than the financial thing..what do any of the other ideas mean?
I am all over the map when it comes to my art. I thought..since that is a problem for me..maybe I should pick a subject and do it in as many styles and mediums as I can and see how that works. But what would the subject be? I could be like some artists and just limit myself to one style and medium..but that simply isn't attractive to me. I know it would help people identify my work, quantify it, curate it, criticize it, care about it...but I just can't seem to come up with what that would be.
Don't you think that in my 58th year I would have that solved? News flash..age is no indicator of decisiveness.
I love so many kinds of art, mediums, colors, sizes...I want to try everything.
So the other thing has been trying to get a little job so I could pay my studio rent, and my credit cards and student loans...well...other than not wanting to work anymore..there has been little available..unless I want to go door to door and sell stuff.
Tell me there are jobs out there for women of age.
I defy that!!
But then I have not been pushing it this past month. I do need to get on the ball.
So no real resolutions to start the new year with..just the same struggle as the past year..different day(year) same stuff.
Have a good new year..if that means much..since we should be present in the present!

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I had to giggle when I read the part about your art subject matter and style. If you read my profile on blogger, you will see your words staring you in the face.

    ReplyDelete