Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dec.7,2011

Haha..almost a year since I posted on this blog. You would think I like my other blog better but really that is not the case. I keep thinking if I shot off my mouth there then why here too!!!
I reread my last post..New Year's day! And I am still struggling with the same issues! Weird. Part of me (that nasty little mean voice ) says I wasted my year..but I know that is not so.
Finances are worse than ever due to some bonehead mistakes or decisions on my part. But the caring about them..or anxiety is less.
The art is still all over the place as in styles...although few have seen the collection of paintings I have worked on for the Feb. 2012 show. At the Holiday show last weekend I had several people come in and ask if there were 4 or 5 other artists working out of my studio!! There it was the glaring issue...yet I like to try so many things still. I might try next open studio to show only one style,subject matter and see where that gets me. I did not show any of the Library show pieces..I want them to be new and fresh to viewers. I have posted them on Facebook..but since no one is paying much attention, and they are so different in person..it should be fun to see them all hung together in Feb.
The job front was different. I got the seasonal job at the Timpanogos Cave Visitor center and loved it. But it was over in September after starting late in May and really didn't pay off anything..but it was a great job and I will go back in 2012 happily. Still fighting ageism in the search for more work and will let it ride for a while and try to sell art maybe on EBAY.
Lost Frankie Pug a month ago. And have 2 sickly old cats but hope they get a bit better.
So being caught up a bit on the years doings...I spent a great deal of time daydreaming while watching birds, clouds, stars.
I have been having terrific dreams at night, some disturbing but all interesting.
My ideas on art have overwhelmed me..which can be good although sometimes I have failed to act on them.
It is good to know I have tons of ideas but sometimes the execution is lacking...or I get sent off in another direction.
I have always wanted to work in glass. Well maybe just really liked looking at stained glass. The Mucha windows in Prague are simply the most wonderful things I have ever seen. I plan to get to Chicago someday and see the Chagall pieces. And I now want to go to Blenco glass works in W. Virginia and the glass works studios in Wheaton(?). I know there are several stained glass studios around here and I want to take some classes. I am not sure I want to learn to blow glass but there is a chance here at Thanksgiving point...
I also want to do more printmaking but I feel I need to keep exploring my watercolors, as in batiking them...going bigger...whatever.










and so I have shared some photos I took of the St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague and the Mucha Window...beautiful..enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment